Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Beer Post #8

This evening, I thought I would critique a classic brew from the Czech Republic, which of course is famous as the home of the pilsner style of beer from the city, Plzeň.

I decided on Krušovice Imperial produced by Královský Pivovar Krušovice (the Royal Brewery of Krušovice). This lager is characterized by the brewery as a "premium", which I guess means that they're very proud of it.

At first glance, the hue is a light honey color, which is inviting.
In terms of taste, I notice that it's quite light and drinkable with a creamy texture. This is followed, however by a hop bitterness that is very sharp (most likely Saaz hops).

This beer is quite popular and common here in Kharkiv. For a 1/2 liter, it costs H7.30 ($1.45).

I had mine with a hot ham & cheese sandwich with a green olive garnish.

0 comments: